Candidates must have min 7 years of industry experience, own transport and the ability to work from home.
CK Architectural is continuing to grow through client popularity due to our unique system of design and build management services. Due to this recent success, we’re now in the exciting position to be looking to add a new architectural designer to our team. The role predominantly remote working from home but does involve visiting clients/surveying too in the Birmingham, Gloucestershire & Bristol areas.
This exciting and developing role will provide inspiring challenges, allowing the candidate to enjoy providing life improving building designs with varying budgets and requirements. The ideal candidate will hold a fair, design orientated background and will be looking to provide a positive contribution to the practice growth while working on a varied workload. Experience of working in the UK on residential projects across all work stages in the last three to five years is ideal.
Job Role and Responsibilities
As an architectural designer, you will be tasked to produce drawings through all stages and support the wider architectural team. You will discuss design, planning and building with clients in a respectful and positive attitude, giving great advice in line with their needs, providing quotation and selling the companies services, too.
Provide designs and ideas in line with the brief, considering budgets, planning and the building regulations, seeing through the design processes, planning, building regulations, and tender packages, among other things.
Designers also work to generate business in all familiar sectors, using and deferring to other company representatives where appropriate. You’ll also be directly assisting the sales team with design and technical inputs, quotations, phones call and video meetings where needed to ensure the highest quality or architectural service at all times all of which skills will grow with you.
- Take a detailed measured survey and note any issues, restrictions or opportunities
- Offer on-site advice to clients to aid in winning projects
- Produce design drawings and liaise with client in person or by email to conclude the design.
- Prepare plans for planning, building regulations, tender or construction.
- Work on your own and utilize the support team wherever possible.
- Maintain a good relationship with clients before during and after the project.
- Solve issues where possible and keep the client in a happy opinion of CKA.
- Work with the company to improve services wherever possible.
- Assist the sales team with technical and designer input, provide advice, take the brief and sell our services.
- Project management
- Assist in the update and improvement of the company websites.
- When asked provide blogs, media, or technical information.
- Attend networking meetings.
- Meet potential referral partners.
- Aid, assist and develop other employees.
To apply for the position, please call us at 01172033132 or complete the form below with the subject of “other” and we will be in touch as soon as we can